Welcome to PDIG
The Procurement and Distribution Interest Group (PDIG) is a distinguished subgroup operating under the GHP National Occupational Professional Committee. We are a special interest group dedicated to advancing the field of medicines procurement and distribution in the UK and beyond. With our regular symposia, eminent speakers, and active committee, PDIG represents leaders in this crucial field
At PDIG, our mission is to promote excellence in medicines procurement and distribution. We strive to drive innovation, share best practices, and address challenges in this rapidly evolving sector. Through collaboration and knowledge exchange, we aim to shape the future of pharmacy procurement and distribution, ultimately improving patient outcomes.
The PDIG Symposium
The PDIG Symposium is our flagship event, held bi-annually, where we bring together healthcare professionals, industry experts, and pharmaceutical representatives. This one-day symposium is designed to cover topical issues directly linked to medicines procurement and supply. It serves as a platform for networking, education, and fostering collaborations that have a lasting impact on the industry.
Why attend the symposium?
- Connect with Industry Leaders: Our symposium attracts approximately 300 representatives from the NHS and pharmaceutical industry across the UK. It provides a unique opportunity to connect with industry leaders, share experiences, and forge valuable relationships.
- Stay Informed: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments, trends, and regulations in medicines procurement and supply. Eminent speakers from various sectors share their insights, expertise, and success stories, empowering you with the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
- Networking Opportunities: Engage in meaningful conversations, exchange ideas, and collaborate with professionals who share your passion for advancing the field. Expand your professional network and create lasting connections that can open doors to new opportunities.
- Exclusive Industry Sessions: Gain access to exclusive educational sessions tailored to the needs of the pharmacy procurement and distribution community. These sessions cover a wide range of topics, including supply chain management, cost optimization, digital innovations, and sustainability in procurement.
The Venue: Hilton Metropole, Birmingham
Our PDIG Symposium is held at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. This modern and well-equipped venue provides a comfortable and conducive environment for networking, learning, and collaboration. Conveniently located in the heart of Birmingham, it offers easy access to transportation, accommodations, and local attractions, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Join Us at the PDIG Symposium
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the PDIG Symposium, the premier event bringing together the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry. By attending, you will contribute to shaping the future of medicines procurement and supply.
June 2024 Symposium: 20 June 2024 (confirmed)
Tickets will be available for June 2024 in due course.
Join us at the forefront of innovation and excellence in healthcare procurement and distribution.
David Samways Award
The “David Samways Award” is an esteemed recognition presented annually to an individual who has made a sustained and notable contribution to medicines procurement and supply within the UK. This prestigious award is named in memory of David Samways, a highly regarded Regional Medicines Procurement Specialist for the South West Region. David played a pivotal role in the development of medicines procurement on a local, regional, and national level.
We take great pride in honoring individuals who have demonstrated outstanding dedication and expertise in the field of medicines procurement. The David Samways Award acknowledges their significant contributions and celebrates their exceptional achievements. By recognizing excellence, we aim to inspire others to strive for greatness in advancing medicines procurement and supply.
- 2007: Peter Sharott
- 2008: John Sithers
- 2009: V’Iain Fenton-May
- 2010: Howard Stokoe
- 2011: Isabelle Izzard
- 2012: Kevan Wind
- 2013: Allan Karr
- 2014: Howard Tebby
- 2015: Tim Root
- 2016: George Gannon
- 2017: Jane Page
- 2018: Maggie Dolan
- 2019: Michael Scott
- 2020-2022: No award
- 2023: The Team at RxInfo Ltd
We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all the previous recipients of the David Samways Award. Their dedication, expertise, and unwavering commitment have had a significant impact on advancing medicines procurement and supply, contributing to the overall improvement of healthcare delivery in the UK.
Slide decks from PDIG November 2023 can be found here